Thursday 17 November 2011

Chaos 4: The Quidditch Accident






So as I was saying I decided to crush an origami cube around a clay sphere to see what fold patterns arose and it was surprisingly informative. In a shortish time I was able to emulate some of the patterns to make similar curves to the ones that naturally occurred from the crushed cube.

It wasn't until I came close to finishing the more egg shaped spherish thing that i realised what I had done. The excess paper turned out to be very wing like and it was looking very Harry Potter Quidditch Snitch indeed.

I apologise for this and can only say I learned my lesson and made a more cauliflower like version to atone.

I am now working on making more robust versions of my platonic solids that can be crushed around spheres to make more hideous creations.

No comments: