Tuesday 3 August 2010

Slow Turtle



Sorry Nick, thank you for looking.  I just get sidetracked and forget that people might actually look at what I post.

 Anyway I was trawling the origami photography archive I put together a while ago.  I was reminded of one of my favourite older designs.  Again the paper is grid based, I think I like the malleability of grid systems in origami it can quickly lead to some really strange shapes.  I remember enjoying the bubble shape I made in the middle of the paper which i thought might make a good mushroom head but the excess  turned out more like legs and presto, a turtle. A kind of slow and dopey looking one at that.

I have made another dome thing in the middle of a piece of paper which looks a bit like a mushroom and I will hopefully have worked into a photographable object soon.

No comments: