Sunday 21 December 2008

mounted animal heads






I have to say I feel a bit bad about this post.  

So I have had this thing with making origami heads.  The  bat, the manbat and the bat mask are a result of this.  
So while looking at Robert Langs Nautilus and just playing with a part along the way I came to the dog head here.  I liked it and am playing with body ideas and am getting somewhere but not fast. 
It made me think of having done this before.  I remember working on a body for an axolotl  based on the head pictured here.  The body was passable at best.  
So I thought what could I do with these heads.  I could do masks but it seemes incomplete to me so I came up with the head rack.  It is slightly adjusted for each of the heads here but it is just a shield with a bunch of overlaps in the middle that the neck of your head can fit into.

So here they are.  
The axolotl, the dog, the bat and Rachels cobra which I like very much.  Rachel showed it to me at the pub and I stole it to copy and mount on an origami wall.

No comments: