Tuesday 2 December 2008

Skips






Last night I had a little accident.  I knocked over a skip.  Admittedly it was a small skip full of paper and it got me thinking.  So I made an origami skip to match and then changed the skip to be more like the skip I knocked over so I guess I made 2 origami skips.

Like everything the skip has a story....
A while ago while I was installing Martin Kippenbergers Heavy Burschi I had this idea for an exhibition where I hired a skip and  put it in the middle of a gallery.  Artists are invited to deposit a work they made that they would like destroyed.  The show would run for a set period of time and at the end of the show the skip would be taken away and the works destroyed.  I still like this idea and have some ideas for where I would like to have the show even.  

So the other day a friend, Ellie, handed me  the small plastic skip / paper and pen holder while we were charity shopping.   I think the general response to it is that it is U.G.L.Y. but I love it.  So it is my memocube holder at home now. Thus the skip accident image.

It is strange how origami and art interrelate at least in my mind.

No comments: