Tuesday 19 July 2011

The Wallet 3





These two designs are a bit insane. They developed from the corner listed in the last post.

Images 1 & 2 : the ziggurat fish. This half made bouncy ziggurat has the impression of a more organic object thus the 'fish'. This is odd as it is a working model for a more complex ziggurat with a ramp or steps up one side.

Images 3 & 4 : waterfall. When I made the steps using the same corner fold I enjoyed its solid architectural feel. If you fill a page edge to edge with corned folds the pleating and splaying are conversely very organic. I may make a less regular version of this.

That about wraps it up. That wallet is now refilled with crisp unfolded paper and I will try to post more about what I am doing along the way. I have three other wallets but that is getting ridiculous.

No comments: